- Becoming a little hectic in Stoer this weekend
- A weekend in Assynt, waves, wildlife and wind
- Stoer Bay Chalets, Self catering, Beaches, Rainbows and beautiful skies
- Craft central – Assynt – Stoer Bay Chalets
- Peat track Walk. Clachtoll – Stoer
- Mountains of Assynt – Stoer
- A Happy New Year from Stoer Bay Chalets
- More goings on @ Stoer Bay
- Birthdays & Christmases
- Stoer, Clachtoll , Drumbeg, Clashnessie, Lochinver and beyond
- Our first anniversary at Stoer Bay chalets
- Stoer coastal walk
- Some work and a little play at Stoer Bay
- Another job almost done.
- Autumn in Stoer Bay, Assynt
- Dolphins & Otters
- Stoer Bay Rock (s)
- Highland holidays
- Sunny Stoer Bay
- Clachtoll & Stoer Bay
- Celebrations & Thanksgivings at Stoer Bay
- Heatwave in Scotland
- Enjoying the start of the Summer
- The last few weeks
- A brief respite to recharge the batteries on the NC500
- Heavenly Assynt Mint
- Its a birds life
- Memories and happy days Past and Present at Clachtoll & Stoer
- Clachtoll,the northern lights, stars and Steve
- A Family working together
- Snowed out
- Chalets Upgrade Progress
- First Blog Post
While the chalets sat in their wee snug corner in Clachtoll where very little snow fell. We sat at home and had none at all for what felt like the first time all winter. Meanwhile the road in between us was a different story. They were cleared as far as Ullapool. Beyond that however was completely cut off . The winds causing severe drifting making the road impossible to clear for several days.
This did give us a much needed opportunity to get to Inverness and purchase some bits and pieces for the chalets however. Though how we ended up decorating our own bathroom on the Sunday is beyond us. You would off thought we would have relished a break from painting!
I have to take my hat off to all the snowplough drivers and crew. We have defiantly had a much harsher winter with snow around far longer than in many years. Any time we have been up and down the road this winter they have been out working, sometimes in impossible conditions to keep the roads clear. We must also thank locals to Clachtoll for their help, especially the boy who not only towed us up the hill out of Clachtoll one icy Sunday but made sure we got out onto the main road at Lochinver too. Very much appreciated.
I must confess as someone who usually loves any snow I am looking forward to Spring this year. The signs are here. Its on its way. All the daffodils in the chalet grounds are popping up as well as crocuses and snowdrops making their appearences too. Not be long now…I hope!
At Stoer Bay Chalets we are busy preparing for our first guests arriving. Its hard not to be too distracted by the stunning views, when all we have to do is look out of a chalet window over the beautiful Loch an Aigeil. It is easy to forget we are meant to be working.
The chalets interiors are starting to look very smart and homely with some new soft furnishings and upgrades throughout. We hope to have some photos of them on the website very soon, so please come back and check them out.
Welcome to Stoer Bay Chalets new website. Please have a look around and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.